Bittersweet Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bittersweet Dreams

The Vampire Diaries roleplaying forum. What if vampires, werewolves, hybrids and many other creatures walked amongst us? Takes place after 3x14.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum

Night Walker Empire Vampire RPG

Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) Empty
PostSubject: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

I was in need of some dire alone time, so the cemetery seemed like the proper place to be. Without a threat from the Salvatore's in an attempt to find a weapon to kill me, I could rest easy. But in all honesty, they knew, along with everyone else - that I couldn't be killed - I was immortal. It was interesting, I wanted to see how many poor souls I remembered from the Civil War, that I had killed. As I glided through rows, I was able to point at almost every person in the plots of land. I muttered to myself slightly as I went through, with a bit of humor lodged in. ""I killed that one... that one, oh I remember him, quite the squealer. Oh, and that one - ripped him in half." Times were great, regardless of Caroline rejecting any offer of affection I gave her. This was my time, and if anyone wanted to ruin it for me - I would kill them, maybe as a wolf. I hadn't shifted in so long... I feel the urge to do it.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Caroline was in the Mystic Falls cemetery, because she had nothing better to do. Nah. You could say this was her first time visiting him, since the funeral of course. She was ubber silent at the funeral and the burial. It wasn't until she got home she semi...completely...broke down on her bed. She was there the whole weekend. It would have been heartbreaking to watch her cry though.

Caroline leaned her head into her father's head stone. "Hey, daddy. I don't know if you want me to be here right now. I know we left on pretty good terms...but, you know." She said, almost silently. "I..I miss you. And..even if you didn't believe it... because of your beliefs, but I would have always been your little girl." She explained, to his spirit she hoped still lingered around.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:03 pm

My ears perked up at a voice, it was my beloved Caroline - well, she wasn't mine, yet. That was the ultimate goal though, I would do anything to make her mine - she was a delight. After reminiscing of my war times, I quickly sped towards to her voice, which seemed somewhat upset. I honestly couldn't pinpoint it, where the sadness was coming from - but I had remembered, how could I be so foolish? She had lost her father, a father that actually loved her - that was quite envious, to me at least. When I came up on her she was leaning into the headstone, and I fell silent - not wanting to disturb her.

I slowly crept towards her and crouched next to her, making a cross across my chest, as I looked down. I never really fancied talking to the dead, but I felt like doing it - for Caroline. She was upset and I wanted to help, wanted her to see that I wasn't all massacre and evil - that I could be... gentle, maybe. In a vampire audible only whisper, I muttered something. "I will watch over your little girl, Mr. Forbes. Whether she wants me to or not, she is safe. And please - if you can do anything, love your daughter - look out for her, I would have asked the same of my father... if I knew him." I turned to Caroline in that instant, not wanting to lay a hand on her - in fears of upsetting her or angering her. So I just whispered to her, trying to be sincere. "You were very lucky to have a father that loved you, was there for you - and that you knew him. My step-father killed my biological dad. I had wished we would have been mates, but it wasn't meant to be. I envy you though Caroline, your father loved you - and didn't spend centuries chasing you and trying to end you. I am sorry, for your loss - truly." I wanted her to know how sincere that apology was, that I meant every word of it.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Caroline sat still with her head still leaned on her fathers grave stone as she first heard footsteps. She didn't want to be disturbed, as this was her first real time to greif. She didn't care that someone else was there though. They were probably doing the same as her and she didn't want them to be disturbed either so she loosened up.

She had loosened up only to sit still in fright as she heard the soothing, but diobolical voice of Klaus. As he begun to speak directly to her she continued to stay still and only allowed her eyes to travel overtook his direction.

"Maybe if you actually knew your father, you's have the littlest respect for any family other than your own."
She said, her eyes plastered straight in front of her away from Klaus now. She spoke with coldness in her voice. "In case your ego is blocking your memory, does Jenna ring a bell?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Why did she always place this game with me? Why couldn't Caroline just be a sweetheart like she was with everyone else? I wasn't a monster, entirely - but I understood what she was saying, I had family issues - daddy issues to be exact. I wasn't the best at dealing with family issues, and my siblings knew that - no brother killed their father and imprisoned their siblings for any reason. I did all of the above, and I was ashamed of it - I even apologized to my siblings. My head turned away as I couldn't look at that horrible, yet gorgeous - cold look.

I was trying to find the words to satisfy Caroline, that were not a lie. There was no sense in lying to her - I loved her, so I thought - or I was delusional. I was certainly hoping that I wasn't succumbing to delusions of grandeur after many, many centuries. Without making eye contact again, I spoke - I felt defeated, for the first time ever. "Do you enjoy ridiculing me, Caroline? Do you honestly think that low of me, that I intentionally do the things I do? Sorry that I lash out on people, I never had my father to teach me right from wrong. I have instability in my mind, and daddy issues - so please, go on, Caroline. Ridicule me some more, torment my soul like I have done to countless thousands. That's how the Salvatore's gang is after all - you all kick me when I am down and defenseless."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Caroline shook her head and stood up. "Are you...honestly trying to make me teem bad? Now of all times?" She asked, beginning to pace back and forth. "You walk around her like your God's gift to the world while you ruin lives and destroy families and relationships." She said, mostly getting back for the Tyler -hybrid situation.

"And - please - don't play the defenseless card. You have hybrids all over the country at this point...and you're not afraid to threaten anyone with it." She concluded. "But you're right. I shouldn't be doing this. Afterall, nothing will fix you at this point." She finalized, picking up her bag. "Oh, and thanks for kinda ruining the whole point of this." She said once again, now turning and beginning to walk off.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:49 pm

She couldn't help herself for five seconds? I showed her compassion, yet all my love I had put into that was thrown back into my face. No one would get away with that, not even Caroline - I would strike her where it hurt, Tyler. She loved him and not me, I could easily kill him - and compel her, if it came down to that. I wished it wouldn't but I didn't care at this point. I literally roared out in speech as she walked away. "Caroline Forbes. You have no sense of compassion. I showed you some and you threw it back in my face. Maybe I should have Tyler commit suicide, that sounds like a plan. And I consider myself a god, it gets me attention, so what? You get attention because people love you, Caroline! No one in this world loves me, not even my own siblings. So what makes you think that I don't do these things for attention? IT IS THE ONLY WAY ANYONE SHOWS ANY REGARD TO ME!"

I hated speaking to her like that, but dammit, I didn't deserve that. No one deserved such a comment. A tiny tear dripped down my face, and I didn't even bother to wipe it away. And then I came to a realization, I hadn't cried since I was a human in my twenties. That infuriated me, because I had cried last when Henrik died. And within moments more tears came, my veins protruding, my lycanthrope features shining through - my emotions were pushing everything out. I moved away from her father's grave, and began hitting the ground furiously, forming a crater from a few blows. Why had I been so foolish back then? Why did I let my darling little brother die? And in my complete and undeniable agony, I began to mourn his death - for the first time in what seemed like an eternity. "I am so sorry... Henrik, so so so sorry. I miss you, baby brother. Maybe I will be killed, and then we can run together - again, for old times sake.... But you know that won't happen, I am going to whatever hell awaits such wickedness as myself...."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Caroline closed her eyes as she froze when he begun to yell. After his little rant about attention, she couldn't help but feel kind of bad.

Caroline dropped her bag, and found herself traveling over to met Klaus in the position he was in and begun to rub his back, softly enough she tried to not feel ot at all. "You know, you don't need to kill people for attention. A gum pack from Wal mart will so just find." She told him, trying to lighten the mood. "And..maybe it'd help if you weren't so....crazy? I mean when you're trying to be all...romantic and all with me, you're probably nicer than most of the male population." She complimented him. Something she thought she'd probably never do for an original, let alone Klaus.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Caroline's hand felt amazing as it went around my back, it was simply blissful. She had come around, maybe being heartless wasn't what I needed - but I couldn't let anyone see me like this. Her seeing me like this, I didn't mind - but what if she told someone? The Wal-Mart comment made me laugh somewhat, I despised the company though - it was a god among companies, and it reminded me of myself. In a way you could say Fin had the right idea, to hate what we were - but I didn't hate what I was, I loved it - but I did, instead, hate myself. Even if there was a God, he would never forgive me for my crimes - I was a monster that would surely be gobbled up by Satan himself.

I still refused to touch her, because I didn't want to get ahead of myself. Caroline, even in the moonlight, looked gorgeous - I wanted to be with her. But something about me was keeping any love away, and that scared me. My whole existence was a pestilence to the world, and I would need to apologize to the world - eventually. I looked into her eyes, I was like a broken puppy, no pun intended. "I can never redeem myself though, Caroline. Because of me my brother is dead, and I have killed both of my parents. If anyone can recover from that and be normal, it would be a miracle. But what does it matter? My family hates me and you are the only one to show me any affection, and for that... I thank you. And that is because, even if I am an evil monster, the male population is full of moronic, horny men that want to get into beautiful women's pants, and you are the most beautiful of them all. I am not like that, I want romance - love, compassion, affection - but that is a lost cause, I will never obtain it." My smile dropped, from her comment about gum, and I ended up being saddened again.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 pm

"Well...technically you didn't really kill your mom!" She said, in attempt to cheer him up...a bit. She tried to ignore his comment about her being the most beautiful of them all, but let off a shy smile. "Shuckssssss." She said quietly, her eyes shooting up once she realized what a sorry she was being. "Well...maybe your family only hates you because you hunted them all down and stuck them in boxes for a fraction of their life?" She said, feeling awkward about how mean what she said just sounded.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Her attempt to make me cheer up, worked - in an odd way at that. And in that moment when I gazed upon that gorgeous smile, I couldn't help but grin. How any creature was that beautiful was beyond me, and the fact that she was in the moonlight made the image that much more beautiful, that much more powerful. But she was wrong about the hatred, it wasn't because I stuck them in coffins - it was much worse, much more personal. I could feel how empathetic she was at the end, she was afraid she sounded mean - but I shook it off, she was just being inquisitive. "Thanks for your attempt to cheer me up, love. But they had a general dislike for me when I did that, and now all has been forgiven. Their hatred goes a lot deeper than you know, it gets a lot more personal, Caroline. I am only related to them through my mother, and they know that - so they ridicule me about it, not to my face. I can hear them though, sense the hostility and hate..... I am not even welcome in my own home."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Caroline managed to stay quiet throughout everything..until he said that they ridicule him for only sharing a mother with them. "Don't say that. If anyone is to be ridiculed, its them." She made clear. "They're father was one of the most evil creatures ive ever come in contact with. Well, mostly indirectly...but the feeling is still there." She told him. "And of they do that to you...why exactly do you just take it?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

She was finally understanding me, somewhat - and it made me feel warm inside. She was trying, trying to make me happy - and it made me want to hold her, hug her - love her, but I couldn't. Everything I touched became destroyed, and that was not acceptable, I wanted her but I couldn't have her. The comment about Mikael was right, he was pure evil - and I hated him, and I took joy in destroying him - watching his body burn. I had stood up to him, and I felt empowered ever since that fateful moment. Then the comment of why I took it showed up, and it stung - but I felt obligated to reply. "That is why I took joy in his death, Caroline - he had tortured me as a human, and a vampire. I was never good enough for him... always trash. And I take it... because I don't want to be alone. I have nowhere else to go, no one to go to. So why not just accept the fact that I am still trash, Mikael was right. Why not be the product of a sluts fling and be the hated step-son.... Why not? I can't exactly be the bigger person, because I would dagger them... and that makes me no better than Mikael, Caroline..."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Caroline stood up, semi angry at Klaus and his whole niny wah wah attitude. "Its all abou attitude Klaus. You need to change yours." She attempted to explain. "If you want your life to be a certain way then do something about it. Stop denting the ground on my fathers grave and get up off your evil ass and DO something about it." She continued. "Stop being who you are and start being who you want to be. Maybe then everyone wont want you dead." She concluded, turning back to pick up her bag and finally leave.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Caroline wasn't entirely wrong about me, but she didn't have to be such a bitch about it. I wasn't a moron, I could understand each word - there was no need for elaboration or emphasis. Ignoring all her words, as she walked away I let the anger stew up inside me. Of course I wouldn't lash out at her, I totally fancied her - and I didn't want to mess up things further. I sped in front of her, trying to be nicer now, so she wouldn't leave. "Wait.... Don't leave, lets try a new version of me. Please?"
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Caroline stopped in her tracked as she watch Klaus speed in front of her. She winced and stepped back a bit. Not out of fright, but because she was surprised that he would actually try to stop her. Was this little crush he had on her an actual thing?

"Are you...serious?"
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 am

I felt horrible that Caroline would feel like this around me, it was unacceptable. But I could read her face, I had misjudged her - she was surprised, not scared - which gave me a bit of relief, even allowing me to let out a much needed sigh. And her words surprised even me, I thought she had known that I fancied her - that I wanted her to be mine, not my property - but mine nonetheless. And for the first time since the dance I laid a hand on her, right under her chin - cupping it, so I could speak to her. "Very much so, Caroline. And don't think I am going to compel you - I would never do such a childish thing, to you - at least."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 pm

OOC : sorry...I'm note really in the mood to post.

I:

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

That question stimulated everything in my mind, as I actually tried to figure out why I wanted to be kind to her. Love was so unforgiving to me, yet I wanted to attempt it with Caroline - the one person that possibly hated me the most. Even that night at the ball, when she was civil - it still seemed like she had some sort of deep loathing for me, and I disliked it. But this was different, was it the fact that she actually showed me attention, the way I wanted - even if she was doing it in an evil way? That had to be it, but there was no way of actually proving my theories - so I was going to give her a reply, seeing as it was my obligation. Through a wicked smile, my arms crossed - I spoke to her, being as much of a gentlemen as I could be. "Come on Caroline, if I knew that - I would have told you my intentions in the beginning. But there is something about you, something that makes me want to bring out my inner good. Something that seems to be prying at my bloody mind, trying to tell it that I need you, and that you were meant for me. Things like that are why I am doing this - to see if my subconscious is right, or I am simply falling in love."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes

Caroline Forbes

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 pm

"I have a boyfriend." She attempted to make clear to the creeper. "You know Tyler? Who had to l...nevermind. But you cant do this because you know its not right." Then again...when has that ever stopped him? Maybe it would...of course that's a very big if.
Back to top Go down
Klaus Mikaelson

Klaus Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I maintained my anger as she mentioned Tyler, that was enough to piss anyone off. My muscles tightened and I had to restrain myself from going to destroy her and Tyler, but I kept my composure. As I began to walk away, I hissed through my teeth at her. "I can easily kill you both, but I won't. I understand that you don't want me, make if pretty clear, why don't you? Good day, Caroline. Just remember - I won't spare any of your friends."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )   Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Embracing Destiny ( Klaus || Caroline )
Page 1 of 1